Re: SQL Server Worm devastates Microsoft Corporate networks!

From: Bryan C <bryan.c_at_asu.edu>
Date: 28 Jan 2003 17:47:57 -0800

tom_hummel_at_hotmail.com (Thomas R. Hummel) wrote in message news:<a2c0eeb8.0301280728.7dcd03ea_at_posting.google.com>...
> Ho hum. Microsoft has a network of thousands of developers, many of
> which use SQL Server even though they are not trained DBAs.

I thought the whole point of getting MSSQL server was that it was so easy to setup and use it didn't need a trained DBA. Why would you NOT be concerned that a software development company using ANY software in their development environment, does not ensure that it is properly maintained if but for no reason other than to ensure quality and consistency?

>That's the
> risk that they take. Microsoft's network receives thousands of hacker
> attacks per *day*. I'm willing to bet that your network, whether it is
> UNIX, LINUX or Apple, wouldn't withstand that type of persistence for
> very long.

Your point here is weak. A tcp/ip network is a tcp/ip network regardless of the participants be they windows,linux,unix,apple. What type of network would you call the internet?