Re: SQL Server Worm devastates Microsoft Corporate networks!

From: Ares <ares_at_ditto.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 02:01:11 +0100

"Thomas R. Hummel" <tom_hummel_at_hotmail.com> wrote in news:a2c0eeb8.0301280728.7dcd03ea_at_posting.google.com...
> Ho hum. Microsoft has a network of thousands of developers, many of
> which use SQL Server even though they are not trained DBAs. That's the
> risk that they take. Microsoft's network receives thousands of hacker
> attacks per *day*. I'm willing to bet that your network, whether it is
> UNIX, LINUX or Apple, wouldn't withstand that type of persistence for
> very long.

What a load of bs!

Unix servers and Oracle/Sybase etc databases are as attractive to hack for the anti-social hacker (cracker) as SQL Server and Windows!

The point is, Windows and associated software is so much more easily exploited, due to the software architecture Windows etal is built on.

However, this lame, sorry, excuse for the endless embarassments of Windows and company, is this : "it's so prevalent, therefore it's everybodys target"!

> Do you know why you don't hear these stories about Apple or LINUX?
> Because NO ONE CARES. If one of the five companies out there who
> actually run on LINUX get hacked, no one cares. Hackers concentrate
> their efforts on Windows and other Microsoft products because that's
> what most people use and that gives them the best chance of finding
> someone who isn't taking the precautions that they should be taking.

How come Unix servers, which are more prevalent than Windows servers does not get hacked so much? Because nobody cares?

You Microsoft apologists are running out of excuses, and are running out of them fast!

Ares Received on Tue Jan 28 2003 - 19:01:11 CST