Re: SQL Server Worm devastates Microsoft Corporate networks!

From: Sinister Midget <xunil_at_kc-rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:56:13 -0600

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:00:53 GMT, simoncooke_at_earthlink.net drooled and scribbled:
> Sinister Midget <xunil_at_kc-rr.com> scribbled:
>

>> On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:09:10 GMT, simoncooke_at_earthlink.net drooled
>> and scribbled:
>>> RonB <ronb_at_blizz.34sp.com> scribbled:

>>> Bottom line, Linux is a minority OS whose userbase pales in
>>> comparison to that of Windows.
>>
>> What does linux have to do with MICROS~1 not fixing the things right
>> under their own noses, then blaming everybody else for the same thing?
>>
>> That wasn't even close to a reasonable attempt to change the subject.
>> That was so blatant that Micro-Soft should fire you NOW for such a
>> horrendous slipup!!

> No, SinisterWhatever, that's not the point.
>
> The point is this:
>
> The machines which got hit were not servers. They were predominantly
> regular workstation boxes, used by Joe Q. Developer at MS. Their servers
> getting hit were a side effect of the DDOS it caused *inside* their
> firewall, just from sheer network traffice.

OK. "Not servers" brought the system to its knees. Micro-Soft employs the people using "Not servers" and holds some responsibility for their actions and for the overall security. Ergo, $MONOPOLY failed in its responsibility to prevent people using "Not servers" from destroyig everything for everybody.

Trustworthy Computing in action!

> Simon

Sinister

--
I love the way Microsoft follows standards. In much the
same manner that fish follow migrating caribou.