Re: Can't install Oracle PE 9i?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:44:21 -0800

VrWtBnst wrote:

> operating
> > > system
> > >
> > > At least Microsoft doesn't install using an untested/unstable
> > > installer. If Oracle's installer is flaky, how stable can the rest
> of
> > > their package be?
> >
> > Lets see ... you are having a problem. Most of the serious database
> > developers and DBAs on the planet, no matter their country or
> language are
> > not. What conclusion would a resonable person draw from this?
> >
> > Surely you don't seriously think that AT&T, Bank of America, Boeing,
> etc.
> > are all making conscious choices to spend huge sums of money on
> something
> > that doesn't work. And if you do ....
>
> I reported the bug. I found out that it was known. Nobody wants to
> tell me the workaround.
>
> ...and I'm not the one who started OS bashing.

If you reported the bug ... and it is a known bug ... then the answer is available at http://metalink.oracle.com. If you don't have a metalink account open one with your CSI number. If you don't have a CSI number how and where did you report the problem? And by all means give us the bug number so we can look it up.

I don't know who started this rant but I've no problem with responding when what is posted doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Jan 28 2003 - 10:44:21 CST