Re: SQL Server Worm devastates Microsoft Corporate networks!

From: a.s.j. <kali_at_xxxx.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:17:51 -0500

Simon Cooke wrote:
> http://www.port80software.com/servermask/top1000webservers/
>
> And?
>
> You missed the point.
>
> Simon

uh....YOU missed the point.....weren't we talking about the internet in general, not the top 1000 corporations or something? apache (unless you can show me otherwise) continues to serve more than 65% of ALL internet sites in the world (that's millions of sites, not 1000 sites).

the sql worm itself does not care whether you are a big corporation or a small business, nor do the various viruses that attack other microsoft products.

btw, linux (because of IBM), is making very strong inroads into the corporate world. in the LONG run, it will displace most other OS simply because it is more reliable than windows and cheaper than other unixes. Received on Tue Jan 28 2003 - 10:17:51 CST