Re: SQL Server Worm devastates Microsoft Corporate networks!

From: Lee Wei Shun <see.sig_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:44:55 +0800

begin RonB wrote:

> Simon Cooke wrote:
>

>> Most software developers aren't going to care about patches to SQL
>> Server -- especially if they don't use it, or are not running a site. As
>> far as they're concerned, it's just a part of their dev system, and one
>> they don't look at too often.
>>
>> *That* is why it caused problems for MS.

> Bottom line, M$ didn't take care of the SQL patch in their own house.
> And you think other corporatins have more WNDOZE expertise or time for
> patches than M$?

Not really just expertise. That is why I commented in another thread about MS' Security policy, or the lack thereof. IF a company does not have a good in-house policy, then it is difficult for their staff to see the problems and develop their own products in a way that help themselves or their customers to ease the implementation of such policies.

Regards,
Wei Shun

--
Change to leews to mail.