Re: Newbie question on trigger

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:14:59 +0300

Hmm... Can you be a bit more specific on this matter? What's the table layout, what are these 'sections' and how are they referenced in the application? Why do you think that you will have to rewrite the application to be able to use built-in referential integrity controls? Maybe you can try to build an E/R model over the existing database and then engineer it a bit to add needed constraints (sometimes seeing the whole picture graphically simplifies things significantly.)