Re: Can't install Oracle PE 9i?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 19:29:51 -0800

TNplHQfJcOl wrote:

> > > I've already dropped Oracle...
> > >
> > > They expect their users/customers to jump through too many hoops
> as it
> > > is.

> > > Edition,
> from
> > > the
> the
> > > menu
> changes

> > > Cyrix
> formatted

> you
> be
>
> > Unlike Microsoft who only insists that you purchase their operating
> system
> > to run their database.
>
> At least Microsoft doesn't install using an untested/unstable
> installer. If Oracle's installer is flaky, how stable can the rest of
> their package be?

Lets see ... you are having a problem. Most of the serious database developers and DBAs on the planet, no matter their country or language are not. What conclusion would a resonable person draw from this?

Surely you don't seriously think that AT&T, Bank of America, Boeing, etc. are all making conscious choices to spend huge sums of money on something that doesn't work. And if you do ....

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Jan 27 2003 - 21:29:51 CST