Re: First Email of the Day (Re: OT: The Irony in It!)

From: Sinister Midget <xunil_at_kc-rr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:59:36 GMT

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:16:09 GMT, not_at_chance.com drooled and scribbled:
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:10:12 GMT, Sinister Midget <xunil_at_kc-rr.com>
> wrote:
>

>>The feature is what $MONOPOLY built in for the bugs to get access.

> I would love to respond to this sentence, since it seems to represent
> the crux of your message; but it makes no sense whatsoever.

Now we get to the central problem: the inability to read and/or comprehend simple sentence structure.

Let's work up to it. Here are some lessons. Take as long as you need on each.

LESSON 1: See Dick run. Run Dick run!

LESSON 2: Some problems aren't the fault of the user, but that of the coder(s) and the ones releasing the code without proper testing.

LESSON 3: Micro-Soft puts out a lot of poorly-coded material. Users may be at fault for using that poorly-coded material*. But the fault for coding it poorly rests with the coder, not the user. By extension, the fault for putting the code into the hands of the user that should know better than to use it is directly under the purview of the owner of the copyrights and the authority to allow the code's release or stop it until it meets certin minimum standards. In this case that authority would be MICROS~1 (aka $MONOPOLY).

LESSON 4: MICROS~1 releases bad code, denies culpability until they no longer have any choice (read: bad press) then releases something. Every once in awhile $SOMETHING fixes problems and leaves all else instact. Sometimes $SOMETHING fixes symptoms and leaves the problems intact, waiting for the next 12-year-old script kiddie to exploit it. Sometimes $SOMETHING does $NOTHING. Sometimes $SOMETHING does $DAMAGE. When $DAMAGE is done, $MONOPOLY and $CLUELESS_USERS tend to blame the person suffering the damage, the hardware, other software, or any other target. The real problem often is bad coding and lack of proper testing prior to release. In a tongue-in-cheek fashion, I refer to these types of things as "features" since $MONOPOLY (meaning Micro-Soft) refuses to call them what they are when the result is the trashing of systems, unsatisfactory beta-testing of code, lack of attention to detail that leaves gaping holes, and many other things as BUGS created or caused by poorly written and tested software often are. Instead they prefer to point a finger in another direction, any other direction, than in their own. They must believe their own claptrap or they would actually be trying to fix problems as they occur rather than put them off as long a possible before releasing a patch that may well fix the problem, is just as likely to break something else, often leaves target systems unusable and creates new opportunites to blame someone other than the patch releaser (Micro-Soft).

Next week we'll start working on the 'Independent Thought' module.

I don't offer that to help you in finding a way to respond. I could care less if you do or don't. I was just offering a means toward enlightenment on your part.

HTH HAND

--
Windows is the answer, but only if the question was
'what is the intellectual equivalent of being a galley slave?'