Re: First Email of the Day (Re: OT: The Irony in It!)

From: phoenix <patient0_at_skynetWORK.be>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:35:59 +0100

"T. Pascal" <t_pascal_at_my-deja.com> schreef in bericht news:2611b663.0301271004.3673dd19_at_posting.google.com...
> Seeing these major banks get cracked by a six-month-old bug makes you
> feel safe, yes? Of course, if you use MS SQL for mission critical
> services, you deserve to be hacked. Yes, you have to patch all OS's
> and software. But with MS, you have to reboot and that doesn't
> indicate mission critical to me.

Finally a smart remark. I was beginning to doubt that there were linux users with brains, seems you prove that there are.

The need to reboot is indeed a major 'mistake' of MS. And I don't understand why it's necessary to reboot. Why can't they just unload the libraries, replace them and then load them again?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/01/25/internet.attack.ap/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech/01/25/microsoft.security.ap/index.html Received on Mon Jan 27 2003 - 13:35:59 CST