Re: Trouble with Oracle Lite v5.0.2

From: Princess Morgiah <princess_morgiah_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:13:08 GMT

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3E349382.DC906BC7_at_exesolutions.com...
> Princess Morgiah wrote:
> > --- this works ---
> > insert into tumarch.tag (seq, tag, tagtype, collection, saved) values
> > ((tumarch.seq_tumarch.nextval), 'Leuven', 2, 26, 1);
> > --- this does not (?) ---
> > insert into tumarch.tag (seq, tag, tagtype, collection, saved) values
> > ((tumarch.seq_tumarch.nextval), 'Leuven', 2, (Select seq from
> > tumarch.collection where name = 'TestCollection'), 1);
> > ---
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Princess Morgiah
>
> I do ... your second select statement made no sense. That is why in my
example
> I ignored it and just put in three dots.

Hi,

Could you please explain how the select makes no sense? I'm trying to insert a known sequence from the collection table in the values clause here.

It is legal to use a select query in a values clause (I assume), so therefor I gathered that this should work. Apparently it does not, but I still cannot see why it does not work.

Regards,

Princess Morgiah Received on Mon Jan 27 2003 - 06:13:08 CST