OEM Table Editor discrepancies

From: Paul Murphy <pmurphy_at_scsinet.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 01:18:05 GMT

Here's an interesting one...

I have a missing row when I use the Table Editor in Enterprise Manager (Oracle 9i Release 2, Windows 2000). I have a small table with 60 rows (the novels and short stories of Sherlock Holmes). When I run a select count(*) from sherlock or a simple select * from sherlock in SQL*Plus...It reports all 60 rows. When I do an export and an import it exports and imports all 60 rows. When I do a select dump(field), dump(field) from sherlock, the missing row looks like any other row. The are only letters A-Z, a-z, and integers 0-9 in the columns, no special characters whatsoever...but when I View/Edit Contents to get the OEM Table Editor open, it shows only 59 of the 60 rows, the last row physically entered into the table being missing.

Also, I notice that the sorting is different in Table Editor vs. SQL*Plus. The table editor does not sort by ASCII # so the capitals are different from the lowercase, like SQL*Plus does. Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks! -Paul Murphy Received on Fri Jan 24 2003 - 19:18:05 CST