Re: Connecting VISIO Pro to remote Oracle 9i 2.0.1 instance (reverse engineering)

From: Visual Studio Enterprise Frameworks and Tools <eftinfo_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:14:17 -0800

There should be no problem of using the ODBC driver from Oracle 9i. As long as they implemented the ODBC API correctly. However, you will need to try them out.

>What is the general path to connect VISIO to Oracle to reverse engineer the
DB (any how-to, good postings on the subject, links)? You have to go thru the ODBC help. It should provide help for you to connect.

One thing to note is that, You can also use the ODBC test app (More info on http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc/htm/od bc_test_overview.asp). This is a test app which you can use to test the connectivity to the backends.

Regards,
Patrick Tseng

confers no rights.