Re: Query to obtain usernames and the tables that can be selected by that user

From: Thomas Gaines <Thomas.Gaines_at_noaa.gov>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:59:19 -0700

Peter van Rijn wrote:

> > If you know of such a query, could I borrow it from you?
> >

> Borrow? Hm, and when would you be willing to give it back then? ;-)

Oh, I always return the things that people loan to me!

> Peter
>
> PS I'm sorry, don't have a script like that, but shouldn't be too difficult.

In any case, I'm working on a view that looks promising. I'll have to thank Tom Kyte via his asktom.oracle.com site for a query that makes use of the sys.user$ and sys.sysauth$ tables as well as the "connect by prior" syntax.

When I have something to present, I'll post it here as a reply.

Thanks, Peter.

Tom Received on Fri Jan 24 2003 - 15:59:19 CST