Re: Oracle Packages and Shared/Pooled connections [newbie question]

From: Paul Boothroyd <paul.boothroyd_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:14:00 +0000

Could somebody please confirm my understanding of "declared" variables within a package, i.e. a package "instance" is stateful (retains values), until it is dropped from the Oracle PL/SQL execution block.

(I am a little unsure whether, on PL/SQL integrated with the Database Server is part of the System Global Area of memory, or is distinct.)

Cheers, Paul