Re: Querying a number column.

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:13:14 +0000

Peter van Rijn wrote:

> If I understand you correctly they already invented that: see the anyType
> datatypes in 9i!

I don't want to know! Argghhhh!!! :-)

Seriously though, some of the biggest problems I've had with maintaining others' Windows code, is because of the abuse of variants.

It does have its purpose though, but I fail to see why one would want to use that in a database. Also maybe because I'm an old Pascal programmer - Pascal by nature has very strict type definition.

--
Billy