Re: Trouble with Oracle HS

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:12:45 +0000

Anne Nolan wrote:

> Enrique and I are working together on this problem.. unfortunately it's a
> custom (government) customer request.. they have an older application and
> Paradox tables, and apparently want to keep that data that way.. ::sigh::.

I hate that - when technical decisions are made by management without any real solid technical reasons or know-how.

> We've gotten it to work on a limited basis.. there are a few of the
> Paradox tables that refuse to be "seen" in Oracle, although others in the
> same folder work just fine. There's no rhyme or reason to the "bad" ones
> that we can figure out.

Hey, that's part of our job protection. Solving weird things like that. ;-)

What about character sets? Maybe these "bad" ones have a cunning character ot two that causes the name to be mangled when accessing from Oracle?

--
Billy