problems to get oracle-ODBC-driver working

From: pat zes <jonnypichler_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:34:54 +0100

i have an oracle9.0.1.1.0 db fully working on my system (winxp sp1).

i want to connect to it using ODBC.

first i tried the microsoft-odbc-driver-for-oracle and it worked for login but i got an error when i tried to execute a sql-statement

i downloaded the ODBC-driver from oracle.com (version 9.0.1.5) when i want to setup a new DSN in controlpanel everything seems ok but when i try to use it, it just fails connecting. when i press the "test connection" button in the settings of the oracle driver it says: "unable to connect. sql-state=IM004" and that something went wrong with the sqlAllocHandle-call while getting the environment handle. even before asking for username/pwd.

i entered the following values: in TNS Service Name the name of my database (there can't be anything wrong - the db is on the same machine and TNSping works)
user ID is left blank

tried all settings that seem relevant - read the helpfile carefully - nothing works - same thing everytime... have you got an idea?

thanks in advance for helping,
patrick Received on Thu Jan 23 2003 - 13:34:54 CST