Re: Oracle 9i, Where to start?????

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:12:14 -0600

Editorial:
If by 'we' you mean the DBAs who will be managing the system, 3 months is barely enough time to learn the concepts and practices needed to effectively implement a sophisticated RDBMS like Oracle ( especially with all the 'bells and whistles' involved with setting up the Application Server for Reports and Forms)...Learning 'on your own' as opposed to attending at least the intro classes from Oracle( or some other vendor of Oracle training) is a path to disappointment and possible disaster....

If, however, the 'we' are just going to be providing reports to users, then look into Crystal Decision's Crystal Enterprise and Crystal Reports products..They work great with Oracle databases...

Good Luck...