Re: How to reset after Alter Session

From: Stephan Born <stephan.born_at_bNrOaSiPnAfMorce.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:16:12 +0100

DA Morgan schrieb:

> Sam wrote:
>

>>After I run ALTER SESSION.. such as
>>
>>ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE = FALSE
>>
>>How do I set the session varible back to original state?
>>
>>Help?
>
> Is this a serious question?
>
> ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE = TRUE

I think the original poster wanted to know how to get the original state, change this with

ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE = FALSE and after doing his work change it back to the original state with something like

ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE = <original state>

This could be necessary when the original state can be one of both TRUE or FALSE. Unfortunately, I do not know how to get the original state. But I am interested in this, too.

Regards, Stephan Born

Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Stephan Born        | BRAIN FORCE SOFTWARE GmbH
                                     | Landsberger Allee 366
eMail: delete the capital letters   | 12681 Berlin
eMail: entferne die Grossbuchstaben | Germany
          PGP-Key verfügbar          |    PGP-Key available