Re: oemapp.bat: command line too long

From: Dirk Schwarzmann <Dirk.Schwarzmann_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:55:48 +0100

TurkBear wrote:
> If you have the original batch file check to be sure it ends with a
> CR/LF as the last entry.. If, for some reason, the file was copied
> from the cd badly perhaps the last part got 'lopped off' and the
> command processor never sees the EOF indicator..

It is not a problem with a possibly missing empty line. I found out that the original string calling the JRE is 272 characters long.
If I drop the backwards-compatibility parameter, itīs only 233 chars anymore and works. This makes me think that the command may be up to 255 chars long.
I tried different approaches trying to extend the capability of the command line, especially starting command.com with parameters /U:1024 and/or /L:1024 as proposed by other people. But it had no effect.

So my question would be now: what for do I need the 8.1.6 compat. parameter if I only access databases version 8.1.7 and up? Can I safely omit this parameter?

Thanks for your time and tips,
Dirk Received on Thu Jan 23 2003 - 02:55:48 CST