Private synonyms - I'm seeing too much!!

From: Arturo <aparafiniuk_at_rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 03:29:37 GMT

Hi All,

I'm having a bit of an issue with system privileges.

Being logged on as USER_A, I can see other user's PRIVATE synonyms. When I query ALL_SYNONYMS being logged on as USER_A, I can see something like this:

OWNER NUMBER_OF_SYNONYMS

USER_A 150 USER_B 150 USER_C 10 USER_D 100 Being logged on as USER_A, it's possible to issue a query like this:

Select * from USER_B.TABLE_A;

TABLE_A is owned by another user, say USER_ROOT. As USER_A, I already have synonym for USER_ROOT.TABLE_A and I don't want to see other user's private synonyms.

What I want is to see only synonyms that are my private synonyms. I don't want to see other user's private synonyms. I end up seeing much more than I need and that causes some issues when I try to access object through ODBC.

My DBA is not really able to help me. What is the system privilege that allows me to see other user's synonyms?

Thank you in advance,

a. Received on Wed Jan 22 2003 - 21:29:37 CST