Re: Export from 9i and import to 8i

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:57:16 -0600

Try to avoid cross-posting please, but, anyway:

there is no real incompatibility involved with the DATA ( except for the new TIMESTAMP type and I do not know what happens if you actually have any that use milliseconds as part of the data),so use the 8i exp/imp tools to do the task and all should go well.
The 'general' rule is to use the utility that matches the lowest version of the database involved in the 'target' phase...