Querying a number column.

From: elziko <elziko_at_NOTSPAMMINGyahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:52:30 -0000

I have noticed that you can query using Number column in SQL like this:

SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE numbercol = '100'

...where numbercol is a Number Column! The bit I'm questioning is the quotes around the 100. Normally for a number column you would not use these I know but is there any performance decrease if you do?

Cheers,

elziko Received on Wed Jan 22 2003 - 07:52:30 CST