Keeping number format when using Concat

From: Al <allanmorley_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Jan 2003 03:27:59 -0800

Can anyone help me?

I'm trying to convert the output data into a regular number format

ie .2  ->  0.2
  3    ->  3
  -1.3 -> -1.3

As soon as I combine this with the concat function, I can't obtain these formats.

I tried
select to_char(-3, 'fm9990D99999') ||' text' from dual but this returns '-3. text' instead of '-3 text'

I know there's probably an easy answer but I seem to be going round in circles in keeping this number format. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Al Received on Wed Jan 22 2003 - 05:27:59 CST