Re: How to reset after Alter Session

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 05:36:39 -0800

Stephan Born wrote:

> DA Morgan schrieb:
> > Sam wrote:
> >
> >>After I run ALTER SESSION.. such as
> >>
> >>ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE = FALSE
> >>
> >>How do I set the session varible back to original state?
> >>
> >>Help?
> >
> > Is this a serious question?
> >
> > ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE = TRUE
>
> I think the original poster wanted to know how to get the original
> state, change this with
>
> ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE = FALSE
>
> and after doing his work change it back to the original state with
> something like
>
> ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE = <original state>
>
> This could be necessary when the original state can be one of both TRUE
> or FALSE. Unfortunately, I do not know how to get the original state.
> But I am interested in this, too.
>
> Regards, Stephan Born
> --
> Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Stephan Born | BRAIN FORCE SOFTWARE GmbH
> | Landsberger Allee 366
> eMail: delete the capital letters | 12681 Berlin
> eMail: entferne die Grossbuchstaben | Germany
> PGP-Key verfügbar | PGP-Key available

I understood that. But the only way to know the original state is to write it down on a piece of paper.

My point was ... if you changed it to FALSE then it must have been TRUE.

You certainly wouldn't change somethign to FALSE if it was already FALSE.

And the only other possibility would be if one were working with cubits and Oracle doesn't run on them yet.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Jan 21 2003 - 07:36:39 CST