How to break in as a DBA?

From: KTyson9426 <ktyson9426_at_aol.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2003 20:35:40 GMT

I'd like to ask some of the more experienced DBA's how they got their start as DBA's.... I've been threw the Oracle DBA class and functioned on and off over the years as an Oracle DBA while my offical title was "UNIX sys admin".... But when it comes to applying for DBA roles... It seems like since I don't have "DBA" in my title I don't appear qualified... I'd even settle for a junior DBA position for the experience... But even junior DBA positions always seem to require 2 years experience.... Does anyone have any suggestions how to become more qualified???? Received on Tue Jan 21 2003 - 14:35:40 CST