Re: need help with a sql statement

From: M. Gedecke <spam_at_gedecke.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:21:10 +0100

It is a Win2k / oracle 8.1.7 enviroment. This is the sql statement i have till now:

SELECT tag.zaehlerwaehrung,

      tag.nennerwaehrung,
      tag.datum,
      tag.kurs,
      vortag.kurs as alter_kurs,
      round(((tag.kurs-vortag.kurs)/vortag.kurs) *100,2) as
differenz_in_proz
  FROM t_pool_devkurs tag,

         t_pool_devkurs vortag
where tag.datum = 1 + vortag.datum
and abs((tag.kurs-vortag.kurs)/vortag.kurs) >= 0.05

and tag.zaehlerwaehrung = vortag.zaehlerwaehrung
and tag.nennerwaehrung = vortag.nennerwaehrung
and tag.kurstyp = vortag.kurstyp
and tag.terminkennz = vortag.terminkennz;

this is the table structure:
Zaehlerwaehrung (string), Nennewaehrung (string), Datum (Date), Kurs (number)
EUR, USD, 20.03.2001, 51,56  for example, today is the 21.01.2003 (date). i want to compare the price entry for Kurs (price) with yesterdays price. the problem now are the mondays, because there are no entries for sunday, so i have to compare these with the friday entries. is there a way to filter the weekend like:
if weekday = monday than
where tag.datum = 1 + vortag.datum
else
where tag.datum = 3 + vortag.datum