Oracle Packages and Shared/Pooled connections [newbie question]

From: Paul Boothroyd <paul.boothroyd_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:54:02 +0000

(Sorry I have not had time to check this out myself yet.)

 From the notes I have regarding PL/SQL packages, they state that variables and constants declared in both the Specification (Interface) and Body (Implementation) are defined for the lifetime of a user session.

I believe this has some serious implications regarding the usage of connection pools from many types of client, PHP; Java; etc.

Could somebody please forward me URL's or an outline of the problems encountered ?

Cheers (TIA), Paul Received on Mon Jan 20 2003 - 18:54:02 CST