Re: page count in SQL*PLUS report

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:18:04 GMT

Frank wrote:
> Karsten Farrell wrote:
>

>> Ming wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, all:
>>> How can I put something like 'Page 1 of xx' on SQLPLUS report?  Thanks.
>>> Ming
>>

>> ttitle ... right 'Page ' format 999 sql.pno
>>
>> But you probably already knew that. It's the "of xx" that you can't
>> easily do in sqlplus (it doesn't know in advance how many pages will
>> be generated).
>>
>> Of course, you could guestimate it by using a COLUMN...NOPRINT
>> statement combined with SELECT
>> COUNT(*)/rows_per_page_plus_header_plus_footer... kind of thing.
>>

> One thing that could be done using RPT/RPF...
> Good old days... ivory towers and all that... :-?
>
> Frank

Yes, those were the days! Of course, that's because it had already performed the query by the time RPF got its chance to prepare the report.

But who could figure out the syntax for RPT? Like IBM mainframe JCL, you never started from scratch ... always copy and edit. Received on Mon Jan 20 2003 - 12:18:04 CST