Re: Estimate Oracle Table Size

From: Paul Boothroyd <paul.boothroyd_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:54:04 +0000

ANALYZE TABLE cannot be used, as this is based upon the current content. The formulae are there to estimate the disk space requirements for a server into the future. This can be quite complicated with variable length records.

Unfortunately I have minimal knowledge of Oracle specifics in this manner (currently learning DBA specifics).