Best Resource Request? Migration VB/IIS/ASP Applications from SQLServer to Oracle.

From: Turloch O'Tierney <totierne_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Jan 2003 07:49:10 -0800

Application Developers,

-Where can I gain experience at the application migration? [SQLServer
to Oracle]
-Where are the best resources for VB/IIS/ASP Oracle development, as
most of the issues will be shared with migration from SQLServer?

Thank you for your time,

Turloch
http://www.geocities.com/totierne
http://www.geocities.com/totierne/MigrationDotCom.html

Background 1:
I am part of a team starting to provide a service to migrate VB/IIS/ASP applications from SQLServer to Oracle. I have plenty of information and experience at the database migration side.

There is a lot of application migration information available, from different sources, I was wondering how it can be filtered to the 'good stuff' (for experienced migrators/developers) or even filtered to resources to get new but fairly sharp people up to speed. [I am geared towards learning by doing, but ... [explanation of current work environment removed for reasons of not wanting to 1/gripe 2/bore the reader].]

Background 2:
I have 9 years oracle experience, 5 years TSQL -> PL/SQL migration experience, a small amount of VB and ASP experience. (I mostly program in Java (with some shell and C for old times sake.)) Received on Mon Jan 20 2003 - 09:49:10 CST