Re: Parent table RO -- can't write to child?

From: Nobody Important <CanTheMongoose_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Jan 2003 06:59:14 -0800

Thomas Gaines <Thomas.Gaines_at_noaa.gov> wrote in message news:<3E2882CB.E8A7E5CE_at_noaa.gov>...

Thomas --

You were right; the note hits the nail on the head. Since it is described as working-as-designed, apparently there is nothing to be done for it.

Unless... does anyone know if putting the parent table's indexes in a Read/Write tablespace while keeping the parent table's data in a Read Only tablespace would allow Oracle to lock the parent's index, and thus allow the update of the child table? Or am I chasing my tail?

Thank you,
Eric