Re: Enhancement SQL*Plus (prev.: Re: Fixing a little problem in the login.sql script found in Tom Kyte's book)

From: <Christopher.Jones_at_oracle.comX>
Date: 20 Jan 2003 12:13:56 +1100

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> writes:

> Christopher.Jones_at_oracle.comX wrote:
>
> I have a request from my students. The ability to change the font size
> in SQL*Plus.
>
> They say it is hard to read when projected in a lecture hall.

The SQL*Plus GUI on Windows from 8.1.7 onwards has configurable fonts and sizes. See
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/win.920/a92157/ch3.htm#1006155 In the web based iSQL*Plus, the browser controls the font size. And/or the iSQL*Plus style sheet can be customized.

If you have a large enough projection screen to display two browser windows, I think using iSQL*Plus's 9.2 "output to new window" option would be ideal for demonstrations. The input script would be visible all the time, and not jumping or scrolling when output needs to be viewed. Note the use of secondary windows was a little different in the iSQL*Plus 9.0.1 implementation of this feature.

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle Corporation, Australia.