Re: Check on field when modified

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:35:30 +0100

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:20:31 +0800, AcCeSsDeNiEd <nobody_at_nobody.com> wrote:

>Could anyone give this newbie a hand?
>
>How would I do a check/force if a certain field (which is nullable on insert) has been inputted with
>data if the record has been modified?
>
>Thanks.

use a before update for each row trigger to check whether :new.<column_name is not null and :old.<column_name> is null

Though I think you need to provide more detail to get a more precise picture of your needs.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Jan 19 2003 - 10:35:30 CST