Re: problem with stored procedure

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:01:43 -0800

Ed Stevens wrote:

> Oracle 8.1.7 on NT
>
> Stored procedure that begins with
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE nmm.Extract_User_Table
> (pi_FileName IN VARCHAR2,
> pi_FileDir IN VARCHAR2,
> pi_TableName IN VARCHAR2,
> pi_Delimeter IN OUT VARCHAR2,
> po_ErrorOut OUT NUMBER) IS
> /*******************************************************************************
> * DESCRITION:
> *
> ********************************************************************************/
>
> Runs fine in TOAD, supplying values for the input variables in the
> Debug | Set Parameters dialog.
>
> But in SQLPlus, I get this (the EXEC statement -- which may be wrapped
> in this msg -- is what I key in. The BEGIN statement is echoed back.)
>
> Connected.
> SQL> exec nmm.extract_user_table ('attribute_master.csv',
> 'abpserver1\data_log_files\logs', 'dsa.attribute_master', ',', '0')
> BEGIN nmm.extract_user_table("attribute_master.csv",
> "abpserver1\data_log_files\logs", "dsa.attribute_master", ",", 0);
> END;
>
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 30:
> PLS-00201: identifier 'attribute_master.csv' must be declared
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
> PL/SQL: Statement ignored
>
> SQL>
>
> It seems to be takeing a parameter value and interpreting it as an
> identifier name.
>
> ???

Perhaps. But I'm more concerned by what appears to be passing in single ticks or a comma and the back-slashes. Try removing all parameters after the first one, just replace with variables in the proc temporarily, and then add them in one at a time. Debug the first parameter alone and see what happens. I suspect it is not the problem. But then again I could learn something here.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Jan 17 2003 - 11:01:43 CST