Re: find all created tables and can't drop table

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:38:42 -0800

liglin wrote:

> I am trying to create a table in the SQL Plus Worksheet of the Oracle
> Enterprise Manager of 8.1.5. and get:
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object
>
> 1. Where can I find a listing of all the tables I have created?
> 2. When I try a DROP TABLE CALLING_CARD nothing happens
>
> Thanks, Liglin

Jim's correct with respect to how to tell what tables you have created.

But the fact that you can't drop it makes me think that it may not be a table.

Try this too:

SELECT owner, object_type
FROM all_objects
WHERE object_name = 'CALLING_CARD';

I'm betting on a synonym.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Jan 17 2003 - 00:38:42 CST