Re: home removal

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2003 16:59:32 -0800

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3E26C96A.3F3DCC96_at_exesolutions.com>...
> "alifiemylarder1_at_hotmail.com" wrote:
>
> > to remove all traces of Oracle is almost impossible, better to reinstall OS:)))
> >
> > Rauf Sarwar wrote:

> > > 4 homes on one machine... yikes!
> > >
> > > With my experience in uninstalling Oracle from a machine... I would
> > > suggest backup all databases, uninstall all homes, remove all traces
> > > of Oracle from the machine then reinstall 2 versions that are needed.
> > > Recreate databases.
> > >
> > > Maybe someone else can post a better/quicker way then this, which I
> > > would also like to know.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > /Rauf Sarwar
>
> Who said anything about "all traces" and it is, in fact, extremely easy. I can do it on just about any machine in
> about 5 minutes.

Man, you must be some kind of registry wizard. I've seen machines trash their reegistries with regedit and similar, and there's no way you can fix that in 5 minutes.

Some of the PC products leave trash in the registry and possibly some other mysterious places, messing up the next install. With all the versions floating around with things that work, uh, "differently," I must agree with Rauf. Of course, I blame Microsoft for this. :-)

> Daniel Morgan

jg

--
@home is bogus.
Lessee, if Steve Ballmer is Curly, Larry Ellison is Larry, and Scott