find disconnected sessions

From: Hartmut Wieczorek <hwieczorek_at_meyermeyer.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:39:17 +0100

Hi All
my problem is to find all the disconnected oracle sessions to kill them.

I'm scripting on my UnixSystem fine but the only problem is to find those disconnected users.
I want to select all this user processes with a v$session.LOGON_TIME older than dual.sysdate
(maybe 2 days older). I try the following :

SELECT spid, osuser, s.program, schemaname, LOGON_TIME FROM v$process p, v$session s, dual
WHERE p.addr = s.paddr
and s.program = 'JDBC Thin Client' <- this are our Clients and sysdate > LOGON_TIME ;

but I get many rows from this statement with LOGON_TIME '16.01.03' when select sysdate from dual is 16.01.03.

when i try
select ....
and sysdate = LOGON_TIME ;
the result is empty.

whats wrong ? can somebody help me?
best regards
Hartmut Received on Thu Jan 16 2003 - 04:39:17 CST