Re: List of Databases from RMAN

From: Hans van Dam <LandRoverManREMOVETHIS_at_tiscalimail.nl>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:43:01 GMT

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:58:00 +0100, Hartmut Inerle <hinerle_at_aol.com> wrote:

>Hans van Dam wrote:
>
>> How can I get a list of databases that are registered in RMAN?
>
>Hello,
>
>The backup information will be stored in the database controlfile.
>You can get a list of database, which will be backuped from a backup
>respository, if and only if this is existing.
>
>RMAN is only a tool which tells the database that she has do and in
>which way it has to do a backup.
>
>regards
> hartmut inerle

Hartmut,

First:
Although my question is about RMAN, I did not ask anything about backups. The only thing I need to have - as I wrote - is a list of registered databases.

Second:
I know that RMAN keeps track of backups, history etc. so backup information is not - at least not all of it - stored in the controlfile.

Third:
I should look better before posting in the NG because the documentation just told me where to find the information I asked.

Fourth:
For what I need (I didnt make that clear) I now found out I better use the OEM database; there I find all databases of any relevance in the organisation in the view SMP_VIEW_TARGETS.

But nevertheless thanks for trying to help.

Hans. Received on Thu Jan 16 2003 - 02:43:01 CST