How to force query to use a specific rollback segment in java?

From: barnsley97 <sfurlong_at_altaprise.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2003 13:02:54 -0800

Does anyone know how I can force oracle to use a specific rollback segment when executing a query from within my Java program?

I want it to use this RBS because this is a rather long running open cursor that requires to save a snapshot in the RBS. This particular RBS will be much larger than the others and private (so that other trans can't get to it).

I'm using the following statement in java, but it does not appear to be working.

Statement stmt = dbConn.createStatement(); stmt.execute(" Set transaction use rollback segment RBS_TEST ");

Thanks in advace. Received on Wed Jan 15 2003 - 15:02:54 CST