Re: Way to create a Procedure to talk to SQL Server?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2003 10:03:51 -0800

In article <6XgV9.137338$Hs2.12245628_at_kent.svc.tds.net>, "John says...

>I have a colleague who is looking to write a procedure (PL/SQL) in the
>oracle database to connect to a SQL Server database to either drop or pull
>data. Has anyone done this and if so would they have sample code I could
>look at to see how this is done? I am new to Oracle and so is my colleague.
>We aren't sure if we need third party software to do this, but prefer not
>to.
>
>Thank You!
>John Deackman

see
http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a76960/hs_genco.htm#173

you can access odbc data sources "as is" using generic connectivity. you need no extra software, just some configuration and a dblink.

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte@oracle.com)             http://asktom.oracle.com/