Re: Converting alias in smtp mail address

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:48:27 +0300

I believe you are mistaking Outlook's address book lookup with Exchange Server's ability to resolve user name to email address. When you send an email to "pippo" from Outlook, the program automatically resolves this alias by looking it up in the address book and other sources, like LDAP or Exchange, and then replaces the alias with correct email address. I doubt you will be able to do the same from UTL_SMTP - it's merely an SMTP transport encapsulation package and it does not provide any features you can expect from a client application like Outlook.