Re: How do I start SQL*Plus under a different database?

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 14 Jan 2003 10:49:58 -0800

Galen Boyer (galenboyer_at_hotpop.com) wrote:
: On 13 Jan 2003, yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca wrote:
: > Peter Chatterton (peter_at_chatterton.name) wrote:
: >: I'm running 9iAS on win2K sp3.
: >
: >: There are 2 databases, OEMREP and AGENCYDB; the former being the
: >: default/primary/whatever.
: >
: >: My Question is: How can I start SQL*Plus under the other db?
: >
: >
: > C:\> sqlplus user/password_at_database_name
: >
: >
: > The "sqlplus" command name is normally wrong, it will be something
: > more like sql9w.exe (though that is also wrong).

: ?

: sqlplus is the name of the executable on my system.

I suspect it's a front end for something with an odder name. Of course it could be the real version on some versions and platforms.

I've had various problems in the past using sqlplus because that wasn't it's name on a system, or because it apparently existed only because a sysadmin had setup it up as a link (and as soon as the setup or version changed, then suddenly the sqlplus command didn't work properly.)

This is why I mentioned the name issue.

On windows there are two versions, a command line version and a windowing version, and they have slightly different names. Received on Tue Jan 14 2003 - 12:49:58 CST