Re: Export from 9i and import to 8i

From: Peter van Rijn <p.vanrijnREMOVE_at_THISzhew.nl>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:09:20 +0100

Sasa,

Although Daniel is right in his grief about multi-/crossposting I think he's being a bit harsh on you.
If you check the Oracle 9i Utilities Guide on tahiti you'll find in chapter 1 (export) details about exporting from a higher version to a lower version database. Basically you need to use the lower version exp-utility to create the export file. Otherwise "exp" wil export all kind of new stuff that won't be understood by the 8i database and/or imp-utility.

regards,
Peter

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> schreef in bericht news:3E22F8ED.3C27B52B_at_exesolutions.com...

http://tahiti.oracle.com