Re: Q: What is done when using desc?

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 22:44:03 GMT

Moritz Klein wrote:
> Hi NG,
> I am wondering about what sqlplus is doing when I query the database with a
> DESC TABLE.
> I tried to find out by lokking at the DICT-Tables, but could not find out.
> Can anybody help me out with this?
>
> Greetz Moritz

DESC is a sqlplus command (you can see it if you have unix and type 'strings $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus | grep -i desc'). Since the sqlplus program is proprietary, it's hard to say what it's doing ... unless you happen to know one of the Oracle Corp developers. Received on Mon Jan 13 2003 - 16:44:03 CST