Sysdate doesn't agree with date on Server

From: Andrew <andyho99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2003 11:04:50 -0800

I saw a old archive with the problem I am having right now but it did not show the solution.

In my case, the os is open/vms and the Oracle server is 8i.

In VMS:

DKB300:show time
  13-JAN-2003 13:57:40 In Oracle:
select to_char(sysdate, 'yyyy/mm/dd hh24:mi:ss') from dual;

TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'YY

2003/01/13 12:57:40

How can I make both times in sync?

BTW, I tried to experiment in Oracle 9i by issuing sql:

SQL> ALTER DATABASE SET TIME_ZONE = '-05:00'; ALTER DATABASE SET TIME_ZONE = '-05:00'
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02231: missing or invalid option to ALTER DATABASE

This example is from Oracle Metalink. I don't know why it doeen't work. Thanks. Received on Mon Jan 13 2003 - 13:04:50 CST