learning Oracle

From: hackman <hackman_at_nomailhere.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 23:23:47 GMT

Hi!

I'd like to know what would be the best way to start learning databases. I have a FreeBSD box and I would like to run Oracle on this box so that I could practise Oracle related things (I have several Oracle books).

Is there a way to obtain Oracle for free for studying purposes? If not, which one of the free database software (MySQL, PostgreSQL) is closest to Oracle?

Thanks a lot for helping me out with this! Received on Sun Jan 12 2003 - 17:23:47 CST