SQL question

From: James Cummings <no**-*spam***-***jc1635_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 00:11:06 GMT

I'm missing something here I know, so give me a nudge.

I've got a table with data that is collected hourly. In other words, there is an ID field several other fields and fianally a date field for when the data was collected. Much like a log file if you will. What I need to do is pull the last timestamp entry for each ID. ID 1 may be in the table 200 times ranging from the first of the month to the last of the month. ID 2 may only be in the table 5 times during the same range. I don't really care, I just need one output for each ID with the data from the last timestamp.

Any thoughts?

--

James Cummings
"Chaos, panic, disorder.... my work is done."