what are the typical license discounts for 9i?

From: Jeff Green <jeff_at_northernnews.ccom>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:19:40 GMT

Can anyone help me understand the Oracle discount system. I would like to know if Oracle discounts their product beyond what the In-house Oracle sales person indicates is available for a perpetual license.

We are being offered a 45% discount on the product, which sounds great, however, judging from experience with other products, this may or may not be a "great deal" Also, has anyone heard of additional discounts on the yearly maintenance contract, beyond the typical company quote.

Any input is appreciated, TIA

Jeff G.
jeff_at_northernnews.net Received on Sat Jan 11 2003 - 15:19:40 CST